Moving out of the country...?

If in 2 years I wanted to move to Guatemala (don't ask lol)

What all would I have to do?

Obviously, plane ticket and stuff but what else should I be considering and what kinds of stuff do I need to get done sooner than the move?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Travel

• Passport, research documentation and requirements, get hired in a job, locate housing, learn Spanish, make sure its something you really want to do, sell or move your belongings, move bank account, transportation, etc.
    leasure0911

Answer by leasure0911 at 8:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I'm assuming you are in the US, so I don't know if this is applicable to you but it might be worth checking out.  When my dh and I left England to move to Canada, I made some inquiries with the Inland Revenue.  It turned out that we were entitled to get some of our taxes back and we received a cheque for 700 pounds shortly after we left England.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:25 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Passport, look into jobs and homes, learn the language. Be sure to have your original documents (birth certificate, social security card, marriage license and certificate (if any).
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:42 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• lots of research and gl x
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:06 AM on Dec. 8, 2010