Is it ok to wash my daughter's hair when she's sick?

My boyfriend's mother says i don't dare wash rosie's hair since she's got a cough and stuffy nose. I don't think it will hurt anything.... any advice? (she's very old school about alot of things when i comes to advice)

rosiebud285

Asked by rosiebud285 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Kids' Health

• She's nuts. Its fine.
    Anonymous

• Um of course it is.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• She's off her rocker. Wash your daughters hair and give her a bath. She will be fine.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• That doesn't make any sense!! The steam from a bath probably would do her good! Just dry her hair afterwards!
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 8:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• If anything it will be good for her. If she's sick her body and hair is most likely covered in germs or viral cells... Washing her hair is going to help her to get healthy because it's going to help stop the spread or continued exposure to that stuff... How could it NOT be healthy to be clean?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Of course, why not? She'll be just fine. And a warm bath may help the stuff nose and any chest congestion.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• That is silly. Somtimes I give my son several baths a day (and wash his hair) when he's sick because the steam helps clear congestion.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Never heard of that. Must be an old wives tale.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:50 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I still wash my girls hair when they're sick. Afterwards I just blow dry it so that they aren't walking around with wet hair, especially in the winter when its freezing out.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 12:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think she will feel better and it will wash away some of those germy-germs......just be sure to blow dry her hair all the way.
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 5:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2010