At my wits in!!!!!!! Help!!!

I am going insane!!! My 2 yr old (no explanation needed now huh?) Anyway, when I go to feed her and put her in her high chair, she eats a bite, maybe, then throws it everywhere. Tonight for example we had a dish called Chicken bake. Consists of chicken breasts, stuffing with cream of chicken, sour cream mixed together. Then throw over rice. She ends up maybe eating a bite, then proceeds to throw rice everywhere!! That sh$t is so difficult to clean up. Then she throws her spoon off then she throws her cup off, scaring the hell out of the dog. I think one day she is gonna give that dog a nervous break down, if she doesn't give me one. Hiow do I stop her? How can u discipline that? We raise our voices at her and she still doesn't stop and she looks at us ands still throws something. GRRRRR Tonight I 'hit the wall' and didn't say anything to her, picked her up and put her in her room, shut the door. Everything is baby proofed, she can't get in to anything, I also put something on her dresser drawer so she can't get into that any more. Then proceeded to eat the rest of mine in peace. How do I know she is eating enough? All she wanted today was her milk in the morning with peach flavored oatmeal, and a gram cracker. She didn't want anything else today. Anybody have any suggestions??? I don't kniow what to do anymore and its damn frustrating. Help me!!

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• umm the room thing worked well for my 2 1/2 year old for a while...and it still does when she gets in trouble....you did the best thing tonight...if you tell her no, she needs to know that no means no...if it's something that worked, as in she gets the point, keep it up..i know it's crazy hard to deal with a 2 year old..but keep it up..everyone says it'll pass..also, throwing a sippy, take it away, and limit where she can have it,..such as, she can only have her cup in the kitchen bc she threw her cup. as far as eating, she'll let you know when she's hungry...my dd's the same way, doesn't eat hardly anything...but again, she'll let you know when she's hungry...good luck momma...
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 8:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• This is way for ages I didn't but more than 2 or 3 bites of food on my son's plate/bowl, less to clean up. I agree with the room or time outs. Make sure to explain to her what she did wrong and why she is getting or has gotten a time out.

Like above...she will eat when she is hungry.

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• She might be too old for the high chair. Maybe try getting her a little table of her own. My daughter goes some days where she barely eats anything and then days today where she ate like a ravenous beast. All you can do is keep offering healthy food and she will eat when she's hungry. I know it's frustrating...I have a 2 1/2 year old also.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Little children are picky eaters. I would have just given her the cooked up chicken cut into bite sized pieces without all that sauce on it. It's not that it isn't a great combination, little children need to acquire a taste for certain combinations of foods together. They eat simple foods in the beginning. My son wouldn't eat chili and made a point of separating the beans from the meat into two small piles when he was a toddler.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2010