NEED ADVICE BAD

Hello, I am looking for any advice I can get on health insurance. My family is in need of health insurance but I cant seem to find aything that isnt over $400 a month and acutally covers anything. If you are on a plan or through a company that you like please let me know. I can get it through work but its worthless. If you can please bump I need all the help I can get lol

caponesmommy

Asked by caponesmommy at 8:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• Private insurance is very costly and coverage isn't always that great, best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• See if you qualify for state insurance. I made over $11 an hour and qualified. I paid $75 a month, plus copays for office visits and medications. That was for my son and I. In Wisconsin, the plan I am on is the same as the state employees, just at rates according to income.

Otherwise, try the company that has your car insurance. I know that American Family has health insurance. You can also look inot BlueCross Blue Shield.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I looked and came up with the samething. State aid health care is good if u don't make 2 much but it verys
    State to state where I'm and our income our kids get free health care
    3momamber

Answer by 3momamber at 8:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Unfortunately, anything you have to pay for yourself is going to be outrageously expensive. The reason company coverage is so much cheaper is because, one, they get a group rate, and two, they cover a good bit of the cost. Even the worthless coverage you could get through your work would probably not be affordable on your own.

Your best bet, financially, would be to get some kind of at least partially-state-funded plan. If you don't qualify for that, you might have to settle for your company coverage.

Good luck, I hope you find something suitable!
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Good luck, I pay, for myself alone, just shy of $400 a month for good coverage (started out lower but my premiums go up every year). It's going to be nearly impossible to cover a family for that price with good coverage.
    Anonymous

• We dont have it either. See if your state has a state insurance that you can qualify for. In Missouri, the have MC+ but its only for children.
    leasure0911

Answer by leasure0911 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• have you tried to apply for state healthcare ? All I know about the other is its very expensive which is why we are on state at the moment because we can't afford anything else
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Our private insurance for a family of 4 was $565 a month with BCBS.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I agree with some of the previous posters, see if you can get government healthcare.Even if you make too much for medicaid, most, if not all states have programs for insurance for children under 18 for families that don't have insurance. It usually only costs like $15 a month per kid, some states offer it for the whole family.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Medi-Share is a group that shares each others medical bills. phone #1800-PSALM23.
    SueAnd2

Answer by SueAnd2 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 7, 2010