HELP ROCK SALT BURNING MY HANDS

Just moved to upstate from AZ shoveled and salted for the 1st time ever I spread the salt according to the package per square foot (cheapest bag at Walmart seems they cut cost by cutting thorough directions eg what to spread it with) but now it is burning my hands...ugh!

Please what can I do to neutralize the burning and how do you spread salt better thanks!

confused

Sarahedger

Asked by Sarahedger at 8:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Hubby would sprinkle it with a cup. Try washing your hands with some murphy's oil soap if you have it, the high fat content will help with the burning.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Take an empty milk-jug, glue the cap on, and cut the bottom off. Makes a damn good salt-scoop.
    meganbearden

Answer by meganbearden at 8:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Wear gloves next time. Also, wash your hands immediately afterwards
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Maybe the cold is buring your hands not the salt?
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 8:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Try a product called Traumheel (I hope I spelled it right) it works so great on burns! It takes the burn away really fast.
    NaturalMomOfTwo

Answer by NaturalMomOfTwo at 10:01 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Thank you all <3

I am feeling much better now! The Murphy's soap did the trick that and a lot of hand washing nearly 10 minutes worth! Megan I am going to make a scoop like that sounds very cool :)

Sara

Sarahedger

Comment by Sarahedger (original poster) at 5:01 AM on Dec. 7, 2010