Do you feel it's okay for a PARENT to confront a CHILD who is "bullying" their child?

Why or Why Not?
And are there "age limits" on your opinion? If so, at what point is it okay and at what point is it not okay?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Only if the Bullys parents were notified and nothing changed. No age limits. If you won't make the point clear to your child..I will.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• If all other roads have been traveled, then that may be neccesary. It would really depend on what was going on, and how bad it was. To protect my child I'd go there.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• no...if my child is being bullied (in school) i would take it to the school as an issue, and ask them to speak with the parents..this of course, after i speak to my child, and make sure i get the whole story, like they're not antagonizing the bully....if it keeps up, i would confront the parents about their child's behavior...and if it still kept up, i would be in my child's class everyday until the bully got bored of seeing me and stopped picking on my kid...my mom did this to me, when i had a horrible teacher that hated me, for whatever reason (i was in 1st grade, so i didn't do anything wrong.)
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 8:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• and then, if all else failed, i would confront the bully....but i guess it's kind of going around actually confronting him/her by doing my last point.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 8:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• my nebors boys push my daughter around all the time and i have no problem telling them to back off, if they wont i have no problem going to thier mother either. if it is at school i would talk to the teacher and/or principal and if that didnt work confront the parent at pickup time.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 9:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• emotions can run high. I suggest having a third party intervene. I tried and ended up in jail!!!! not proud of that

Answer by admckenzie at 9:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I did.....I stopped a snotty girl from bullying my grandson. SHe was trying to make him feel bad and cry. SHe was old enough to know better and I told her if she didn't stop,she would have to go home and I would call her Mom. I was babysitting at the time and the little snot was my granddaughter's friend. I won't let anyone bully my grandkids. EVER.Since then she has shaped up and she NEVER bullies him ever. It worked.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You are an adult. You have no place confronting a child. Go to the child's parents.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• little kids I would say like under 7 or 8 ...nothing more than be nice or a threat to call the parents.
    older kids -I would and I have
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I was bullied alot when I was in school. I was slammed into lockers, locked inside, homework taken and ripped up, teased, being hit, although not hard enough to see anything. This was back in the mid 80's so it was often ignored or "boys will be boys" attuidude. Or "kids will be kids". Under no cirumstances will my daughter to subjected to that ever. I often had panic attacks before I came to school wondering what was going to happened today. I was thinking of putting my daughter in martial arts class when she gets older. But not for just to be able to defend herself, but it also can teach her self control, discipline, and self esteem and self respect. Not to mention it would give me a piece of mind knowing she will be able to take care of herself and be able to defend herself if needed to.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2010