Do you want to hear a heartwarming story?

In March of this year,my grandma was placed in a home for folks with dementia and Alzheimers. There was this lady named Leona who was 104 who ever since she was placed there the year before,refused to speak to ANYONE. When my grandma saw that lady sitting there in the dining room,she made a beeline right to her and took her hand and starting singing to her. Leona took to her from that moment and starting speaking. My grandma would braid her hair,and they'd do crafts together.
My grandma passed away last Monday and when Leona heard this,she shut down and went back to silence. She got sick on Tuesday,and never got out of her bed again. She passed away this afternoon.
I'll bet my grandma and Leona are sitting in the garden singing away!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 9:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• That's very heart warming. They were made to be friends! I'm sorry for your loss.
    jillrebecca3

Answer by jillrebecca3 at 12:18 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Beautiful story. I am so sorry for your loss
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 9:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Oh how sad....Yet, how sweet!......What a wonderful story....Thanks for making me cry....It was the best cry i've had this WEEK!....lol

gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 9:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Thank you for sharing that story! Very heartwarming! I am sure they are singing away too!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 9:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Amazing What God does for us, your grandma found someone to pass her time with and Leona did as well. Your right they are up there singing all day everyday with care in the world.
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 9:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• WOW! That is So Heartbreaking & the Most Heartwarming story about a True Friendship i have Ever read- i bet your Grandma & Leona are sitting in the garden singing away too:) Thanks for sharing!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• that is sweet..and sad. did you get to meet leona's family at all?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I believe so! I love stories like this. you never know who is an angel in disguise. My great grandma and grandpa were married for like 60+ years, well, my g-grandma died first and then a few months later on HER BIRTHDAY, my g-grandpa died. So she got the love of her life back on her birthday. They were so cute, he would still grab her booty or boob right up until the end :)
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 1:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Awww! It's like they became best friends, even if they met late in life. How wonderful of your Grandma to make the last part of this woman's life so much better!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Sorry for your loss. That is a touching story though. That is kind of like couples whne they lose their mate. Not too long after they pass away also.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2010