WYR have a daughter who you know is sexually active or a daughter that is sexually active but you have no clue?

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 9:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in

• One that I knew was so that I could teach her about safe sex and b.c. and make sure she was on it and had condoms
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I would rather know. Not an issue yet as my daughters are very young but I have an older son & I knew when he did. We had a serious talk about being responsible. And also about how once you do it, its done. can't go back so choose wisely who you do it w/ the first time. I dont get all up in his business but I do make sure he knows to use protection no matter what the girl says (Oh I"m on birth control, so you dont need a condom) NOT! I'd rather my children be prepared for life rather then stick my head in the sand. I dont advocate teens having sex but I do know chances are slim they will stay virgin till marriage.
    Anonymous

• I want to know. We can continue the talk of BC again.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Personally I would rather know that way we can discuss her protecting herself. You can't control if your teen is going to be sexually active but you can attempt to guide on one the right path to what her actions can lead to. Teen pregnancy, STD's and so forth are some things that can ruin her life if she is not prepared properly. I started talking to my children, son and daughter as soon as they began noticing the opposite sex and thank the Almighty that they listened to what I had to say. I didn't approach them in a 'mother' tone and let them know that they could talk to me freely about anything..
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I want to know when she plans to become sexually active so I can help her protect herself. I don't need all the details, but I want to know before the first time happens and I want her to feel comfortable coming to me to ask me about things.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I would rather know.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I would want to know. I always want to deal with reality--the truth.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• BUT.....I would rather that they were NOT sexually active in high school.
    And neither of my daughters were. But this was in the 1980's when kids didn't try to grow up too fast and they spent their time getting good grades and planning for college.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I would rather know, and since my bio-daughters are too young I know my step-daughter very well as well as her bm and if she starts becoming sexually active she'll come to me first. Not to sound snooty, but it's a fact of life. That is, unless bm changes in the next couple of years and realizes her daughter is growing up, but since I doubt that'll happen I just face facts and prepare myself for the inevitable.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 9:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I would rather know..
    Anidawehiwahya

Answer by Anidawehiwahya at 10:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

Next question in
WYR

Next question overall (Holidays)
What is the difference between Hanukkah and Chanukah?