I am only 19 & realized today I was pregnant, I have no idea how to tell my mom...help please!

well my moms a total jerk to me for the most part and everything I do is completely horrible, however my older brothers can do whatever they want even if it is wrong and get rewarded for it. Telling my mom won't be as hard as telling my co-workers, who I dont even know where to start telling them, since their more like my mom then my own mother is.

vickie12345

Asked by vickie12345 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• "realized" as in took a test?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• just come out and say it. she is your mom.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 9:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• First find out for sure if you haven't yet and then sit down and just tell her. What are you afraid of?
    momofne

Answer by momofne at 9:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Hugs, doll! I had my little one at 16. Put up a little more info so we can give advice- mom's personality, did you get several positive tests, etc.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• you are 19 yrs old she cant do shit...
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 9:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• The sooner the better. Be honest. The farther along you get the harder it will be to explain why you didn't tell her earlier. She may be angry, probably hurt. Hopefully she will support whatever decision you make from this point on.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:22 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• no the doctor called and told me, but the thing is i have a full time job and go to school part time, and my boyfriend has a full time job too..So it is not like were young and jobless. He is graduating this year from college and will have an even better job than he does now.
    vickie12345

Comment by vickie12345 (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Do you have any kind of plan? I would be honest with her, but be prepared for any type of reacation and then give her some time to let everything sink in. Hope everything works out!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I know how you feel, you have to keep telling yourself you are 19, not a child anymore. Your mother will get used to the idea, you just have to give her time. I don't know your relationship with your mother but sometimes it helps to write a letter, that way they have time to think about what you said. Good luck to ya and congrads!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 9:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• good luck hun! i was 19 and pregnant too! i was so afraid to tell me parents! i told them over a text message! dont do that! but it took a little bit for it to sink in they were not thrilled but once i started showing and we were shopping for baby things it got better. now that caroline is here they totally love her and are the best grandparents ever!! good luck hun!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2010