Is there an organic ointment that is harmless to children that nursing moms can apply to their breasts in order to wean the child. I heard there is something that is bitter to taste that can be applied to the nipples.

hap2bmom

Asked by hap2bmom at 4:11 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know of any, but this method rubs me the wrong way. Not bashing, I'm just not feeling it.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 4:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I agree with teri4lance. Sounds kind of cruel. Your baby's coming to you for nourishment and comfort and its like you're turning it into something unpleasant. Not bashing, either, just something to ponder. I've never heard of what you're talking about, though.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 7:09 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Just start feeding more solid food and offering bottles/soft-spout sippys, eventually the baby will want that instead.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2008