Is this normal please help!!

its been 8 weeks since my partial hysterectomy, they took out my uterus but when i wiped myself i found smears of blood im freaking out!! what do i do? is this normal??!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Health

• It's normal. You still might have a period or two while your body adjusts to the changes. They will probably just be spots, but it's normal. Call your doctor first thing in the morning if it makes you feel better.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 9:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• How can you have a "period or two" when you have no uterus? A period is the lining of your uterus shedding to make room for a new lining and possible pregnancy cycle.

OP, don't freak out...just call your doctor and ask them if it's normal. They'll get you in right away if there's any reason to worry.

Good luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2010