Las Vegas to Salt Lake City

I'm relocating and was wondering if anyone new what to expect about the Salt Lake City area.

Averylee85

Asked by Averylee85 at 9:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Mormons....
    Anonymous

• What about them?
    Averylee85

Comment by Averylee85 (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• COLD for like 9 months. It starts snowing in October and will go itno May or even June
    I just moved from there(spent almost 3 yrs there) to Texas and I am SO happy to be warm again! I will admit is is very pretty there though as long as you aren't dealing with the inversion

A LOT of stuff is closed on Sundays there...actually shopping at grocery stores is nice since the mormons aren't supposed to shop on Sunday-I was shocked the first time I went to do the food shopping and the stores were basically empty!

If you aren't mormon it may be hard to make friends there, they kind of stick to their own- it's a bit strange
    I always said it was like living on another planet or something-it's just very different from anything I was used to (having lived in Phx, California, Las Vegas and New Mexico)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My son visited Salt Lake City with his grandparents 2 summers back and he said he was surprised at how dirty it was. The Graffiti, the trash on the streets, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Salt Lake isn't so bad with the Mormon religion thing. If you are in a small rural area then it can be an issue, or at least it was for me. Just be your self and find your niche. I found friends that were and weren't Mormon.
    And you couldn't have picked more opposite places. I grew up in Vegas, teach strong morals or dam it is all out there to find.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Oh- and if you drink- you will not be able to buy liquor (other than beer) at the grocery store. They have state run liquor stores you have to go to
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2010