How much was your wedding dress?

If you got it on sale, how much was it originally and how much did you get it for? (I really need to stop watching wedding shows lol.)

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I watch most of the wedding shows too...well, Say Yes to the Dress (my fav) and Four Weddings.

I got my dress a David's Bridal...dress, veil, and underskirt came to $450-500.

Personally...and I'm not bashing ANYONE, it's your money, you spend it how you want to...but I think anything more than roughly $800 is ridiculous...I know it's your wedding dress, but still, you're really only gonna wear it for a day...and I thought mine was gorgeous. You can see the top in my avatar. And the prices on Say Yes to the Dress are absolutely outrageous...that could be a car or a down payment on a house. Most of those dresses cost what my entire wedding did...some cost almost 3x as much as my wedding!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 10:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I dont recall. Probably like 5 or 6 bucks. Got it at the thrift store.
    Anonymous

• Free ... I borrowed my future SIL's dress. Mom's fit everywhere EXCEPT across the boobs. It was easier to tighten SIL's with safety pins instead of having mom's altered.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I bought mine for $75.00 back in 1965. It was very pretty....but definitely not expensive. :-)
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• It cost nothing, unless you include alterations. I wore my Mom's dress. I lost weight to fit into it, which I needed to do anyway. But, she was so very skinny at the time that alterations still needed to be done. It came out beautifully. *sigh* :)
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 11:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I paid 99 British pounds for mine in 1988.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:19 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Mine was $12. Thank you Macy's! lol
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 8:18 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• a little over 500
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• $100 I bought a white prom dress.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• $2,600 but bought on sale for $1,600!! i know its a lot of money but it was so worth it!! i loved my dress!!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010