How do people afford to live their lifestyle?

I see so many people with nice houses, cars, clothes, and much more. How can they afford to do it? I make more than a lot of people and I can't do it but I see more people than not that have the best of the best.

Averylee85

Asked by Averylee85 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• It may seem that they have the best, but it will catch up with them b/c they are living outside of their means.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• they r drowning in credit card debt!! my mom as to have the best of the best! she gets a new car every 3 years!! my parents have 8 credit cards maxed out! its going to take 35 years to pay them off at the rate they are going!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Some of them can't afford it but want to make themselves look and feel important regardless to anything
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 9:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I don't buy silly things. For instance we don't have cable. It's an extra bill that can be eliminated by reading, family time, playing with toys, crafts together, playing outside. Plus you have an incentive bargaining chip with your kids with dvd's. We also turn al of our power off during the day while we are all gone at work and school. It helps ALOT! We also use coupons lik crazy at the grocery store. It's all about being smrt ith your money and time so youi can have nice things.

@ coala not every one who has nice things are living outside their means. I was actually very offended by that comment.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 9:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• It's none of your business.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Really? You "see more people than not who have the best of the best"? You should come to MI. lol

For real, though, a lot of people who seem to have it all probably are on a strict budget or maybe they've invested or perhaps they received an inheritance. Some probably are workaholics who never see their family and are missing out on life.

I try to focus on my life, how much I have, and count my blessings. So many have it worse off, especially in this economy, so why dwell on what we don't have? Life's too short for that. Enjoy YOUR life!
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 9:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I agree some of them can't afford it and I think other are just good with money. I am sure people think that my family has a lot and everything and we do have more then some and less then others. We just live within our means and it has taken us a long time to get where we are at.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Wow. I can't believe the answers to this question. maybe some of you can't afford nice things because you aren't smart enough to save your money, and spend it wisely!!!
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 9:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Some are not living within their means - credit card debt and who knows what else.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I don't think it's fair to speculate. Everyone's life and income are not the same. I have nice vehicles that are totally paid for and new front loading washer and dryer, and some other things..I wouldn't care to have someone belittle me by saying I'm living above my means, when they have no clue how I got it to begin with.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2010