Lonely.... need a mommy friend...?

This is hard for me to talk about but here it goes. I am really bad at meeting new people and opening up to them about anything. I used to talk to my cousin who is more like a sister but she just had her 3 child and is pretty busy! even forgot my bday!!! my hubby doesnt understand or know any of the answers to my questions. he has his buddies and all my friends are busy with school, work, and reg things 22-23 yrs olds are doing. while i am dealing with a 9 month old, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, and a husband. i most of the time feel very sad and alone. i signed up here to make a mommy friend and i am just lost! i am not sure what my question is but just to know i am not alone and maybe show other moms who feel the same that we are going through the same thing.... do you need a mommy friend?

mamajennie31010

Asked by mamajennie31010 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You really aren't alone I remember feeling that when my first child was born. I was 22 and the only one of my friends that had kids. What I did was look for local play groups. I understand you are shy, although I think if you went to a play group you would meet other moms with children around the same age as yours. It is never easy to make that first step, although once you do I think you will find some great friends.

Good Luck and hang in there!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I would hook up with a mommy group. Go to the library for storytime, go to the pool or the playground. It's not hard to meet other moms out there, you just gotta go!! This will be good for you and baby
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 9:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You're not alone. I feel the same at times.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i am very shy! i don't want my son to be but he is very much a mamas boy and doesn't get to socialize much. i miss girls nights with my friends the most.
    mamajennie31010

Comment by mamajennie31010 (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I sent you a pm, it was too long LOL
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i responded hehe!
    yea i know there is probably something in my area that i could go to with him. i am a homebody lol and when i go out with him i am so protective over any and everything. i want to make sure he learns very early how to share. he knows how to share with my husband, the dogs, and myself. he will pick up things and hand it to us if we ask for it!!
    mamajennie31010

Comment by mamajennie31010 (original poster) at 10:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• if you keep making excuses then don't complain... like the others said go out do things you will meet people and eventually girls nights out...
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 10:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• YOu are not alone. Have you tried taking your child to a playground, park or local gymboree, etc? You'll meet other mom's of children of similar age. Go on a day that's not busy, most likely you'll only see 1 or 2 mom's there. That way it's not too hard to start a conversation, or for another mom to start a conversation with you (you'll be surprised many people feel the same way as you do). or sign up for gymboree or music classes? Hang in there. If all fail, I find this website really helpful.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2010