Follow up to my earlier question

This is a follow up to my earlier question -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Boss not paying attention to my work

I have been working on a letter of interest for a very large grant. My boss had actually asked me to contact a certain provider to solicit their interest. The issue is, the provider wants an idea that is original overall (that has not been duplicate in any research journal from any national database). Well, I created a hypothesis of income recovery (can't be specific-competitive world - hope you understand). After all these weeks of email updates and word-ins, I just started a quick breezeway meeting with my boss. I told her that I wanted her input because the turn-in deadline is tomorrow. She said that she wanted to hold off because she wanted another statistical research (that's already been done nationally, but not internally). She said that she thinks my hypothesis is about why people default. I had to restate my hypothesis, which was totally different. This proves to me that she has not been reading anything I've been sending to her. We will be missing tomorrow's deadline!!!!!

>:-(

What could I have done to prevent this without being a pester to my boss?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As I realize that the next deadline is not until the first Tuesday in June, there will be more financial cutbacks. Matter of fact there is talk about retrentment (that some tenures are going to be begging for their souls - very sad). I know eventually (even alongside the anger that I have), that I will need to look for another job eventually. My heart really wants to give my project idea to another business.

Will giving my idea to another business out of spite going to backturn on me? Can you see forecast any dangers for me?

Thanks

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 9:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• My goodness, I'd hate to see what your earlier question was. I can see why no one has answered you, too much to read.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2010