Hormones...

I have a boy...12...he has the mood swings of a woman psming! good grief..I thought boys were easier! anybody out there going through this too?

karensue65

Asked by karensue65 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• My oldest has always had a giant case of PMS. Fun isn't it? The only difference as he gets closer to 13 is that his bad days are nothing compared to his 11 yr old sister. Her stares alone could strip paint, and that's when she's in a good mood. I want to start dissolving midol in their morning orange juice.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My SS is 12 andwatch out if he is in a bad mood
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 10:01 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• yes I went through it with my oldest and now with my middle one. It usually takes about 1 - 1 1/2 years to pass depending on the child. With my oldest he started to act better about 6 months after he turned 13 and now he is almost like the perfect child, while my middle one has become the hard one.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My son is nine, and he is definitely having hormone issues, he's complained of feeling "foggy" and being sad or angry "for no reason". I've talked with him about recognizing the difference between a true feeling and one based on hormone surges and cautioned him against trying to find something to attach his feelings to that may not be accurate. We've discussed healthy coping mechanisms and I have encouraged him to come to me to talk about his feelings when he's upset or angry. So far, he's been able to deal with things relatively well with this kind of support.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My SS is 11 & is in the middle of what I call the Pre-Teen Angst or the Everybody is out to get me Phase of Life. Everything is a total drama. His highs are high & the lows are the bottom of the barrel. As his step-mom, I am either his rescuer or the person who is ruining his life. It is just so much fun...not really.
    SaraBeth1204

Answer by SaraBeth1204 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2010