Do you think it's easier to potty train with pull up or regular undies?

I have both, but I was wondering if the pull up are to much like diapers and if it would be har for them to learn to potty trai if it's easier to just poop and pee in the pull up.

usdragonflies

Asked by usdragonflies at 10:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Regular during the day and a pull up when they go to bed incase they have an accident.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 10:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Try it with pull -ups cus there gonna have alot of accidents with the underwear .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 10:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Pull ups are just fancy diapers they still absorb but undies when wet will cause them to feel uncomfortable so they work better, and I agree with using them at night when the child is in bed.
    Anonymous

• The only time I ever used pull ups was at night. They are just expensive diapers that pull up/down.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• IMO, neither. Bottomless worked best for us.
    jess_buckley

Answer by jess_buckley at 10:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• bottomless? lol! I would have pee on every wall! at least undies keep his peepee pointing downward..lol!
    usdragonflies

Comment by usdragonflies (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Undies by far... or bare bottom. We've had very good luck with that. We use pullups only for outings
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Pull-ups are easier than washing alot if laundry
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 8:11 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Let me put it this way, before those pull-ups (which are really just diapers) it was RARE to see a child over the age of 2 1/2 not potty trained. You couldn't find training pants for 4 or 5 year olds in the store.

Go with cotton training pants. They aren't that hard to wash and they let the child know when they are we. And if you want to night train you should observe when the child normally stirs to go to the bathroom (like and adult does when they have to pee at night) and take the to the bathroom instead of trying to hold all the pee in. lt's cheaper and better for the environment.

Diaper companies have made a LOT of money over the past 20 years convicning people that their toddlers shouldn't start training until age 2 or 3, instead of being mostly finished by that age. Using the potty and being toilet independent are two different things and they don't have to happen at the same time.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:29 AM on Dec. 7, 2010