How often do you change to a new toothbrush?

I use two toothbrushes: one for the breakfast and supper and the other for lunch and bedtime. I was taught to use a dry toothbrush. That's why I do what I do. I decided the other day I'm going to use new toothbrushes every month 'cause I don't like the toothpaste buildup on them. How often do you use a new toothbrush?

zboys

Asked by zboys at 10:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Health

• I change mine out every 3 months
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• you dont get buildup if you properly rinse them out with HOT water after brushing
    Anonymous

• Wow, I'm amazed. I never heard of using a dry toothbrush. I have my upstairs one (for bedtime) and the downstairs one (for after breakfast). That's how often I usually brush my teeth and I replace them about every three months. Mine don't get any toothpast buildup because I make sure I rinse them out after I'm done.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yeah, I rinse mine, but they still get that buildup. Also I've brushed with a wet toothbrush before and I prefer it dry. I will have to try the hot water tonight.
    zboys

Comment by zboys (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• We change the heads on our toothbrushes about every 3 months.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2010