Is there any solution to?

My 9month old son grinds his teeth bad. Its loud and very annoying is there any solutions any of you moms have?

Asked by wowiemommy at 10:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just keep stopping him or maybe give him something to chew on like a cold wash cloth so he grids his teeth on that instead

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Ask your doc at his next appointment. He/she may have some solutions.

Answer by musicpisces at 11:14 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I would give him something to teethe on when he does that, or give him a snack, my son did that at about 10 months and I figured out that he would do that when his teeth were bothering him.

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 11:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• How long has this been going on? My son did that when he got his first teeth, but it didn't last long. Someone just told me they do it as long as their teeth bother them.

Answer by Adelicious at 11:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• He will eventually stop. DD did that for about a month and just when I thought I was going to lose my mind, she stopped. Try giving him a teether, it might help.

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• These are lots of good ideas. I hope the grinding won't wear down or harm his teeth.

Answer by Averylee85 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• my daughter is 5yrs old. she has been grinding her teeth since she was 2yrs old. she does it in her sleep. i asked the dentist and the dentist said there is nothing they can do when the child is that young. :-(

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 2:32 AM on Dec. 8, 2010