Home remmedies for acne?

Acne problem, not bad enough for doc precription but enough to where i hate the way my face looks.

franklynnsmom

Asked by franklynnsmom at 4:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• witch hazel liquid

rosemary soap (you can buy the soap base at craft store and buy the dried rosemary and make it yourself)
    Anonymous

• For breakouts, I use toothpaste. A dab of regular white toothpaste over night usually dries them up pretty quick.
    Anonymous

• A good cosmethologist is the answear, there is a reason behind your breakouts. And the only person to find the right treatment is a lisenced cosmethologist
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I use epsom salt, mix it w/water, let it disovle, wash your face, let it dry, wipe off with a towel!! LOVE IT!! IT works and I buy the salt at dollar tree for $1. Do this atleast 2 times a day!!
    determind

Answer by determind at 11:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I also had mild acne..a few breakouts per week...I thought I would just have to live with it and then I found a new skin care line called Unblemish...it's totally changed my skin. I no longer break out AT ALL...I'm so happy and no longer needing to wear any concealer or foundation. I never thought my skin could look like this!! I'd love to share the line with you! You can check it out online at:
    http://jamieg.myrandf.com/
    I'd be happy to give you more info. or answer any questions at all. contact me if it's something you want to know more about. It makes me sad to hear you say you hate the way your face looks...this stuff really works!!!
    jrgorby19

Answer by jrgorby19 at 8:48 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• This isn't really a home remedy but it WORKS. I use Clinique's acne control line and follow up with Origins A Perfect World skin serum. My skin has been breakout-free since I started using the Clinique stuff, and the Origins stuff makes it soft and glowy.
    bluecrayon

Answer by bluecrayon at 11:48 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I so know acne inside and out. Acne is caused by many factors but myself and my teenage daughters use a great botanically based line that is the strongest over the counter product on the market and everyone I know that uses it, loves it. Why? Because is has 5 products. Wash, toner, moisturizer, vitamins and acne lotion for spot treatment. All of this for $66 and a money back guarantee! It is not drying or irritating and feels great. No chemicals or harsh ingredients. I'd love to provide you with more information if you'd like. It's great! I had cystic acne when I was a teenager so I know all about it! Here's to you!
    Health4U

Answer by Health4U at 6:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• NO MATTER WHAT YOU ARE USING ON THE SKIN, THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO DRINK WATER ( 8 GLASSES OF 8 oz's PER DAY) YOU WILL BE AMAIZED AT HOW WONDERFUL THIS WORKS, YOU'LL HAVE TO GIVE IT A WEEK THOUGH BEFORE YOU START SEEING RESULTS. BUT IF YOU STICK TO IT, YOU'LL BE VERY SATISFIED. and i don't meen tea, koolaid, vitamin water, etc... because once you ad anything to water, then it is not water anymore, the chemical make up is changed, so it must be just plain old water. THIS WILL HELP YOU BETTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE - GARAUNTEED
    Mrs_Bonsta

Answer by Mrs_Bonsta at 5:50 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• A common cause of acne is the dermis being irratated and lacking a strong lipid layer. This simply is moisture. A good treatment can be Olive or Sweet Almond Oil (they won't break you out) mixed with a few drops of Lavender or Calendula essential oil. Very little is need and it can help repair and calm your delicate facial skin. It will also help normalize you skin's oil production which will in turn strenghthen your lipid layer. Also make sure too choose a very mild cleanser as typical harsh cleansers can cause more irratition than help. I recommend those with plant or fruit based cleansing agents. Witch Hazel can be an excellent toner. Always care for your face in order: cleanse, tone, moisurize. A moisturizer isn't needed at night when you skin is meant to naturally regenerate.
    tepalove

Answer by tepalove at 6:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I sell all natural products and our acne line works great. My teen nephew as well as my sister both use these products and love them. for more information and to view my online store please visit www.naturalingredients.myarbonne.com. if you have any questions feel free to contact me, I will be happy to help. Good Luck
    cassivia

Answer by cassivia at 8:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2008