Would you be mad if? adult content

You are due any day but your hubby's job makes him leave his cell in his locker saying if the catch it on him they will suspend him & for him to tell you to call the office? Only you know they really don't answer the office phones but even if they do they won't get him for you? I know because 1 I have had to call before but got no answer and 2 a friend whose hubby works there too (they live n the country) had an emergency one day and called but they never told him that she called. Also they told hubby that if he has to leave during his shift they will dock him 2 days pay???? That should not be legal especially if your wife is home alone in labor! This pisses me off!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My husband isn't allowed to carry his cell phone on him at work either because he works with parts that go into military planes. Some idiot a while back was mailing pictures from his phone to a terrorist (in another plant...not the one my DH works at) and so they pulled all phones from the floor.

The problem is they do NOT answer the emergency line that they set up when they pulled the phones from the floor. A guy my DH works with had a wife that was pregnant. She went into labor at 3:40 (10 minutes after their shift starts) in the afternoon and he didn't find out that she was in labor until he went on break at almost 6 O'clock!!

She was already at the hospital with her mom and dilated to a 7 by the time he found out and left work! He was LIVID!! HR acted like it was a mistake so he should get over it!!

Anyways...I understand what you're going through.

It's illegal for them to dock his pay though! FMLA!!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:06 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• That might actually be illegal to doc his pay for leaving early. Although, if he tries to fight it, he will probably get fired. So you will just have to hope he is home. Good Luck!!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I'd call the Wage & Hour Board and see if they can do that. I don't believe they can.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• That is quite ridiculous your dh will get docked 2 days pay if he leaves his shift.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Doesn't sound right to me...
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I'd be absolutely ticked off!
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 11:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/index.htm
    there is the government web site where you can find all the info you guys needs... it's not hormones talkimg i would be freaked out too if i was in your situation.. i thnak god my boyfriends company is so awesome and are very family oriented oil compnay (country business too)..
    P.S. gimme me the name of the company and i report their asses to the labor board and the BBB!!!.. there has to be a way at all times their employees can be reached for emergencies. don't let them push you around!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 10:43 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I'd be pissed to! Call the labor board! That can't be legal!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• If I were him I would carry the phone with me anyway. If you go into labor, you can leave a message and he can always go to the bathroom and listen to the message there. You might want to consult a lawyer or the labor board too, just in case, especially about the dock in pay for leaving the shift due to an emergency.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 11:14 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• there are federal FMLA (family medical leave act) laws that prevent them from docking his pay-but he has to fill out the proper paper work and it has to be signed by your dr. It is really easy and dr's fill out the paper work all the time so they never have a problem with it but if he doesn't fill out the paper work then there isn't anything that he can do about them docking his pay-he needs to get the paper work from human resources and he can even fax it to the dr and have them fax it to his work. My husband is a Railroad engineer (drives the train) and he cannot have his phone on at work either or he will get fired right there on the spot and if I need to get ahold of him I have to call dispatch in Texas (we live in SD) and then they go through the chains to get ahold of him & could take hours for him to get home-so with DS we got induced so we wouldn't have to worry about him not being there when I went into labor
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2010