Are you financially stable?

With the economy as it is. Just wondering if you are financially stable?

voni681

Asked by voni681 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• not really , cant save any money
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• We don't have any debt (except student loan debt, but I am still a student), but we don't really have anything saved, either. We live basically paycheck to paycheck. Luckily, our cars are paid off, and we have insurance if anything were to happen to us. We haven't been able to put anything toward retirement in almost 3 years.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I'm okay, but I don't think I could ever say I was financially stable enough.. LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• We make our payments & havent been adding any more debt- but we dont have any savings...
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Um NO. Unfortunately my husband has been unemployed for the last 2 years and it still isn't looking too good and to make matters worse his unemployment is up as of next week :( He has gone to 5 interviews in the last 3 weeks, but hasn't gotten any calls back. There are usually 2-3 others interviewing before or after him so it's a huge competition. He went to one today and are keeping our fingers crossed for that one, but won't know until Friday. We get SSI for my son and that will cover rent, bills and gas for interviews but nothing else. It's going to be even tighter around here for a while but we're used to it by now.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• With both kids now adults we're more financially stable than we have been in a long time.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• How sad :( I feel so bad for our country, when I go home it breaks my heart to see people I love having such a rough time. We are doing fairly well. I would say we are financially stable. But that is because we do not overspend and we know how to live on our means (many people in our same situation take advantage of the extra money and burn through it like nothing, then complain because they have no extra for savings). We pay our bills every month with ease and have extra for savings, even after spending. I really hope things start to turn around for everyone!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 11:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• We are ok living from paycheck to paycheck. But we have a baby on the way, and I would very much like to get out from under our wretched mortgage before he/she comes.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I've been a single mother and a single woman. My life's been a real rollercoaster ride financially.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 11:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yup me too. paycheck to paycheck.Baby on the way.2 children.No savings.It's hard.
    meleia396

Answer by meleia396 at 11:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2010