What to do?

Hi
my dh and I had a fight a week ago. We could talk but I m just mad I have anger inside of me b/ce of what happened and an accumulation of previous fights. I m gonna give u an example: still angry at each other we went to a store shopping for our baby's birthday gifts.he met a lady that he know.I was holding the baby, he called me, took the baby introduced him to the lady and me I m just that maid who take care of his baby.im just angry enraged. what do u think?is this an acceptable behaviour even if we r mad at each other?

Imane1215

Asked by Imane1215 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Not acceptable at all. DH pulled something similar one time... I just said,"Hi, I'm his wife Debbie and he's rude."
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 11:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yeah, that's pretty rude. I like what dmbutler said!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Like wh dmbutler said I would have introduced myself. Usually if we're fighting we don't really go out in public together so we don't blow at each other. But this hasn't happened lately because I pick my battles now.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 11:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Incidentally, I just have to say I do believe you as a woman have more power over the situation than you may think. I think that we have a responsibility to set healthy boundaries for ourselves and our men, when they are disrespectful. You have a choice how much of this you will take. So how much will that be? Don't be mad. Make a choice, let your husband know what you will and will not take, and what you will do if he doesn't respect your boundary (like maybe separating for awhile). Good luck! Maintain your dignity!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I would have had to say, "Just when did I become your maid? I thought I was your wife and mother to your child. And you had the nerve to tell her that I'm a maid?" Why couldn't he introduce you as his wife?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:56 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Def. agree with adelicious. Men respond better to action rather than words. Show him that was not something you tolerate. instead of saying u wont tolerate it,make sure you follow through with what you say.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 1:16 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I totally agree with CurvyMommato1! Men don't "get it" when we talk. They tune us out and only hear noise. Put some action behind your words and you will have him eating out of your hand.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:56 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• tsk tski would be insulted. he would have to kiss ass big time!!! no nookie for a loooong time. his left bicep would develop that's for sure!!!!!!!

maya123

Answer by maya123 at 2:09 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Even if he THOUGHT he was being funny, he was totally disrespectful. Call him on it and tell him to never do that to you again, mad or not.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:39 AM on Dec. 7, 2010