bled in the placenta

i had my doc apt today with the specialist and he did tell me that the baby was looking good and he said that the placenta bled some.... he kept asking me if i had any bleeding during my pregnancy and i told him no so im guessing the bleeding in the placenta was the reason for that.. but i have never heard of that has this happen to anyone and he also told me that was probaly the reason my afp test came back abnormal

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 11:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hm, I've never heard of bleeding within the placenta, just bleeding if it starts to detach at all (which is why they asked if you've had any bleeding.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i had bleeding when the placenta tore slightly from the all of my uterus, they could see blood in there during the u/s after my bleeding had stopped and told me that the clot they could see would come out. thatsall i have for you. i had placenta previa btw.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2010