so i have ges diabetes...its not that high so why.....

ok when i test in the morining it has been anywhere from 93 to 110....95 is normal range.....after i eat its been in range or a lil above at 148 normal is 140......so tell me why i was given two different kinds of insulin to take.....doctor wants me to take it BEFORE I TEST and RIGHT BEFORE I EAT....the thing im worried about is if im close to normal range and i take THIRTY SEVEN UNITS OF INSULIN BEFORE I EAT wont that lower me too low?....im to take 22units of one and 15 units of the other before breakfast and before dinner and lunch i just take the 15units of one....any advice???

mama2my2boys

Asked by mama2my2boys at 11:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• See a different doctor.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• well i would but i cant i have my ob that i go to and this guy they sent me to is the only person that they have that specializes in ges diabets......i took my blood sugar after i ate and i was 124 perfect range...if i was to take the insulin like he said to my sugar level would of been really low prob blow 60 which would of been really bad
    mama2my2boys

Comment by mama2my2boys (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have gest. diabetes also. I am not on insulin. I control my by carb counting. My sugars in the fasting mornings are usually around 95-100 which my dr. say ok and my 2 hours after my meal are below 120 which is where they would like them to be.
    Have u tried just carb counting?
    I eat 30 grams of carbs in the morning.
    My lunch and dinner I eat 60 grams of carbs.
    My snacks are 15 carbs.
    tambam75

Answer by tambam75 at 1:14 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I had gestational diabetes. They (the diabetes specialists) did not want me over 90 for fasting and 120 for 2 hours after meals, so yours is on the higher side of where they like it (if the 140 is 2hr after meals). I kept mine diet controlled from 16 to 32 weeks and then my fastings started staying around 100 and i couldnt keep them down so they put me on a glyburide pill. I never had to take insulin but she told me if i couldnt keep my 2 hour after meals below 140 then they would. It never got to that point. I was able to keep it under 120 easily :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2010