My little girl is turning into a lady HELP!

My daughter is 12 started her period last month for the first time... I know I need to talk to her about SEX but, I don't know how graphic I should be

Jayk77

Asked by Jayk77 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• i would just simply say that when and if she decides to be sexually active she needs tocome to you to get protection. .....my 12 year old dsd just started hers 2 days ago but luckily she has known about all of it for a long time.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yes you need to talk to her and be graphic!! she will get the info from her friends if she hasn't already, she needs to know things like some stds can be spread from oral/genital contact, print out pictures of stds (sorry i plan on taking a scare the shit out of them approach) stress condoms and birthcontrol are not 100%. You can get pregnant your first time, during your period, if he cums near her vagina, ect. Be graphic, sit her down and simply say "you're getting older now and we need to talk about somethings...." discuss safe sex (she's probably heard somethings, but figure out exactly what) ask if she has questions, don't act shocked by what she has to say, if you don't know, say that and go look it up together..a book wouldn't hurt either. OH and talk about the emotional bonds that form during sex and how it is an intimate act that will lead to attatchment. ok GL
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I would use medical terms, but actually tell her about it. My parents didn't really tell me that much about sex just about puberty and I was so confused when I got older.
    Opie99

Answer by Opie99 at 11:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• just tell her about it. its really easy
    jov123

Answer by jov123 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Don't make it seem like you are ok with her having sex. Let her know flat-out that teens having sex is wrong, and that you KNOW she will make good choices when it comes to her body. Don't hand her a box of condoms...don't put her on the Pill...tell her what sex is, and the consequences of teen sex. Find a REALISTIC depiction of teen motherhood. Make sure she knows that even with protection, she could STILL get pregnant. Leave the lines of communication open, and hope for the best! If she knows that you have high expectations for her, and that you believe the best for her, she'll be less likely to give in to raging teen hormones!
    Anonymous

• She's is turning into a lady. Just be there for her if she has any questions. If she's grown up knowing about it, she should be okay.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:52 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Well see with how society is that is difficult i would personally try not to be very technical but also not make it should fun.you might also want to incorperate what happens if you begin sex at a young age
    ~i was raped at 13 became sexually active increasingly and now i am pregnant at 16~
    i wouldnt want this for anyone else my fiancee even questions me being pregnant asking if its his knowing full and well i hadnt been active in a year
    MaybeMommy1994

Answer by MaybeMommy1994 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Go to the library and find a book appropriate for her age.

Answer by older at 1:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I talked to my daughters about tampons, pads and such. Sex at 12 a little. The thing is I got them each a book called "the care and keeping of me".. It is an American girl book. I remember being very interested in what was going on with my body. I also got them another book about "women's body a owners manual". I don't think they actually ever looked at this book but I was happy that they could find useful info with out having to directly ask me embarrassing questions.
    I keep telling every one with teens keep talking to them. You are they best person to give them information.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2010