My husband and I want to have another baby. When we had my daughter we had to pay over $3400 out of pocket because she had no insurance coverage. We make to much to get any type of help from the state. Do any of you know a way to have insurance for the baby right when it's born? This is all that is holding us up from trying again.

We have a little girl who almost 17 months old. My husband doesn't have insurance and I do but they won't allow me to add family to it.

khloesmom615

Asked by khloesmom615 at 4:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Money & Work

• You can check Ameriplan. It's not insurance, but it could help lessen the burden of doctor's bills. You can get it for one LOW price for your entire household. Please PM me for more info. It's the route I decided to take because we could not afford our insurance anymore.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• If you live in CA Healthy Families is the best
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 4:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• www.eHealthInsurance.com, Baby-Health-Insurance.com , Newborn-Health-Insurance.com Here are a few websites that might help.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 4:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Ameriplan is great. You get coverage even when you are pregnant. Check out the website http://www.EveryOneBenefits.com/Micu
    Let me know if you have anymore questions!
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 5:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I have and broker Ameriplan. While it is true that we are NOT insurance we do tend to save the average member 40-60% off of any healthcare or dental needs they have. We are accepted by ALL hospitals if your bill is over $2500. Once your bill is higer than that we will advicate your claim and on average the bills are reduced by 60%ish... You would need to check and see who in our network but most places have a decent network. I will never again have health insurance for very similar reasons. And I will help you if you have questions let me know.

Sabrina M Bowen
    www.LowCostBenefitsPlans.com

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I don't get it----do you have insurance? If so is maternity covered? I've always add the baby within 30 days of the birth and then the baby is covered. IF you don't have this ocverage then I'm not much help.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• http://ezinearticles.com/?AmeriPlan-Scam---The-Real-Truth&id=714272
    I wouldn't use Ameriplan. I would do your research about complaints and reviews before using them. I can't believe you had to pay so much. Was she ill? And if so did you get the negotiated price? At the beginning of the year hospitals negotiate rates with the insurance companies, you should get the same rate.

http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/west/2006/11/22/74554.htm

Ameriplan Settles Fraud Allegations for $200,000
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 8:24 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/268/RipOff0268567.htm

I'm sure there are people who are unhappy for one reason or another with Ameriplan®; this is bound to happen when you have nearly 2 million members and 60,000 business owners nationwide.

Ameriplan® partners with HUGE companies, such as Healthtrans, Coast To Coast Vision, Sears, Pearle Vision, CVS, Walgreens, Lens Crafters, Rite Aide, and much more. These large companies have high powered attorneys who they consult with and I am sure if AmeriPlan® was not a forthright company these attorney's would not allow their clients reputation to be jeopardized by partnering with us.

I'm quite sure that if you continue your research you'll find more positive than negative.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• We hold the highest ranking possible with the US Chamber of Commerce and we have been recognized and featured for the unique way we allow people to work from home in "US News & World Report", "The New York Times", "Wall Street Journal", "American Medical Review" and "American Business Review". Even Morley Safer from "60 Minutes" did a big special on our home based company. Our debt free 100 million dollar company is also a member of the Consumer Health Alliance, The National Association of Dental Plans and we are in good standing with Dun and Bradstreet.

To view the program, please visit: click here

• Any insurance plan must cover a newborn for the first 30 days after birth.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2008