What kinda gifts to give to whole family for Xmas?

I prefer to make homemade gifts over buying. The reasons are because I think you put more time and effort into it and it's frugal. I'm not made of money, but would like to give my family at least one thing for Christmas this year. Here is the list of people on my list"

Two brothers: 16 and 9 yrs old
Three sisters: 4, 6 and 17 yrs old
My dad and mother
Step mother and father
Grandpa and Grandma
Aunts and uncles ( 5 in total)
Cousins ( 5 in total)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Holidays

• you could make a family sign like your last name on a sign to hang from their door (or i guess each families door)

i always wantto make my niece and nephew quilts but, theyre expensive and time consuming.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• what about no sew blankets? At my pain treatment appointment this morning I saw some a nurse had done and I really want to make one for my daughter.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 11:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You could always do gift baskets for the family....put a christmas movie in there and some popcorn. thats always easy and cheap
    Kellixclark

Answer by Kellixclark at 2:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• don't craft supplies cost money tho?
    I gotta tell ya, homemade stuff isn't always the best thing. Its appreciated, but half the time its never used (depends what it is of course)

Outside of my home, the family pretty much just gets gift cards. I only get physical gifts fro my DH and kids.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Cookies in a jar, hot cocoa in a jar, knitted or crocheted purses or cell phone holders, photo frames, photo frame tree ornaments, knitted or crocheted winter hats and/or scarves, ornaments (there are plenty of ideas out there - the cinnamons ones, the salt dough ones, we spray painted pinecones and then painted them with glue and added glitter, etc etc), box of their favorite cookies, herb garden kit in painted pots, gift certificate for a free homecooked meal or night of babysitting etc.

Check out the group Handmade Holidays for TONS more ideas.

Homemade gifts ARE awesome. Of course, they can also be horrid and totally unwanted - JUST LIKE ANY OTHER GIFT, EVEN STOREBOUGHT GIFTS. The key to giving a gift that gets "used" it to put a lot of thought into it (whether buying or making!), NOT to buy something instead of making it yourself. I think Z-O-E-Y-I-S spells Grinch!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:10 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Gift baskets ... fruit, coffee, popcorn ... I don't think you can ever go wrong with food gifts. Okay, technically it could go wrong, but not often. Oh and for the little kids, your local dollar store is a blessing. They have coloring books, crayons, stuffed animals, etc.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:00 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I try to get people things I know they want or can use. If I know a handmade gift will be useful to them, then go for it. If its something that might end up in a closet the rest of the year, then its a wasted effort.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 AM on Dec. 8, 2010