solids

My baby is 3 months old and I would love to start her on solids. The books all recommend waiting until 4-6 months. Is it okay to start her on solids? Which would you recommend first? When did your baby start solids?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in General Parenting

• I started my son on cereal at 3 months because I didn't think he was getting enough breast milk. He is doing really well with it.... I want to just remind you that once you start you have to keep going with it. Just to say, I wish I waited. They grow up so fast, try not to rush it, plus now you have to wash small bowls and like me have to pump milk to mix cereal with.
    Anonymous

• I started cereal when my son was 2 months old and babyfood when he was 3 months old. For babyfood specifically I started with fruit like banana.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• you know your baby better than anyone else. if you feel she is ready i would first try with the rice cereal and then from there mix some fruits with the cereal and then go onto the rest. my son started rice cereal around 3 months and was on table foods my 9 months.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 8:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2008