took the nuk away...

some of you may have seen my question about 3 months ago on when to take my babies nuk away. well, she's almost 19 months so i took it away. it's been 7 days and she still cries herself to sleep every nap and night for at LEAST 10 minutes.

can i give it back? no, just kidding, i'm NOT doing that. how long did it take your baby to not want their nuk after taking it away? how old were they?

acounard

Asked by acounard at 11:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I will tell you this. My oldest has a rare skin condition and having the nuk stopped him from scratching and getting infections. When he was 3 we tried to take it away and he had a really hard time and his skin got infected. So we let him have it only at nap time and bed time. When he turned 4 we had the nuk fairy come and collect all of them. He went around the house collecting them and left them out for her. So my son had his until he was 4, although only at nap time and bed time.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:17 AM on Dec. 7, 2010