what do you think is easier, getting off the bottle or the paci

my boys never liked/used/wanted paci's after about 4 months
theyre 14 months and OMG getting them off the bottle is a struggle:c

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• bottle

Answer by admckenzie at 11:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• For us the paci was the bigger deal. My oldest was happy to switch to a sippy, but he clung to his paci because of his anxiety condition...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• my daughter was easy on both paci at around 5 or 6 months. the bottle she gave up on her own at 10 months but i started her on the cup really early like 4 months so she was used to getting both.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 12:10 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• For me the bottle was easy.WIC stopped giving us formula at a year so I let him have the bottle until the last of his formula was gone and then he got only water and started using it less and less. Then we went camping for a few days and I forgot to pack one. I don't think he even noticed so when we got home I just threw them all away.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 12:28 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Both lol .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 12:43 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• The bottle! Our daughter screamed at 6 months trying to get her off that thing! Lots of walking around the room and rocking.
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 1:07 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• DS never took a paci and he didn't have a problem getting rid of the bottle. He loved sippy cups. Now getting him to give up his sippy cups was a pain!!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:10 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• With my first, the paci was the hardest. He used that thing til he was about 2 1/2 or so. With my second, I never gave her one. As for the bottle... both used them til they were about 1 1/2. My daughter started using her sippy like a bottle though. She sucks on it and doesn't sip from it. One would think she wouldn't do that since the top is hard plastic.
    ANGIE613

Answer by ANGIE613 at 1:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• For us, both was really easy. He broke himself from the bottle at 8 months, using sippy cups until 2 years old. At 10 months he broke himself from the pacifier.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Paci. My son never took one but my daughter loved hers. My daughter was taken off the bottle on her first birthday. I had no trouble getting her off of it. My son was 13 months old when I took him off. We had a struggle but one day I sad enough and took the bottles away and gave him a sippy. After crying for half the day on and off he finnally realized he wasn't going to get a bottle and took the sippy. But with my daughter and her paci she was 2 1/2 before we got her off them and then it was a 3 month struggle that I never want to do again
    Nicole_2007

Answer by Nicole_2007 at 6:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2010