If you see someone on the corner asking for money for food.........................

would you buy them some pre cooked food to eat or give them money to buy what ever they want (alcohol or cigs)?

tony1638

Asked by tony1638 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I give them food. I refuse to give beggars money that will just be wasted on alcohol, tobacco, or drugs.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 11:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I have done this a few times and I always buy them food. I will never give anyone money because I know it probably won't go for what they asked for. I actually had a younger mom come up to me last week asking for money for food and medicine for her baby. I took her into the store and got her medicine and enough food to last the day. I can never tell if they are telling the truth, but I feel better just buying what they ask for. Her child was in fact sick which I could clearly see so it did feel good to help even if she didn't really need it.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:00 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• A few years ago, my husband and I were at Hardees and we had gotten to the 2 for $2 deals. Only I got the Hot ham and cheeses, and he got some burgers. While we each a sandwich, I saw a man come in and bought a coffee. He was dirty, cold and I saw him put like 5 sugar packets in the coffee. I told my husband to offer him my second sandwich. He looked so appreciative and gobbled it right down, so as we were leaving, my husband gave him his second burger. It's nice to help someone who actually needs it, even if it was just fast food. It saddens me to think about all the homeless out tonight in this weather.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:24 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I once saw an older guy (probably late 60's) begging and I stopped at KFC & bought him a hot meal. After I took it to him he just cried. Broke my heart so I took him inside the rest. where it was warm and had lunch with him. He was a homeless vet! This was the 1st time I had EVER done anything like this. I think of him often & wonder if he's okay.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:03 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• food not money

Answer by admckenzie at 11:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Generally I prefer to give food, but if I don't have the time to stop and get it for them or if I only have change or something I will give them what money I have. I really don't care what they spend it on. But I would hate to see them mugged or something because I gave them cash...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I went to take care of something at my parish's office. There was a man there asking if they had some food to give. Their stock had run out so I gave him some money.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I give money.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:05 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Coming from being homeless, I can spot a true homeless from someone pretending or just trying to get money to go use. I usually give them food when i can but not cash.
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 12:06 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I keep a few fast food gift cards in my purse just for this.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 12:01 AM on Dec. 7, 2010