If you have/had a family member decide to quit smoking how do you keep from pulling you're own hair out cause their going through withdrawls? How did you cope with it?

Dh decided to quit smoking and hasn't picked up a cigarette in 2 days. He is so annoying. I feel like I am walking on egg shells around him.

sweetpea1217

Asked by sweetpea1217 at 12:04 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Health

• My fiance is a smoker, and he try's to quit all the time,but know can take it,cause he can be a real jerk.I actually have gone and bought him a pack.I most of the time try deal with it and support him. .
    meleia396

Answer by meleia396 at 12:16 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• The only thing you can do is smile and try to support him. Smoking is more addicting that crack...and quitting can be the hardest thing a smoker ever does in their life. That doesn't excuse them from ALL bad behavior, but it's something you should keep in the back of your mind. If it helps, everything I've read states that the "annoying behavior" only lasts about two to three weeks...while the nicotine works its way out of the smoker's system.

Good luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:42 AM on Dec. 7, 2010