When you play a game with your child do you let them win?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Depends on the game. But not consistently. I might give them an edge.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:14 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Depends on the age. When they were little I might let them win, although not every time because they needed to learn how to lose. Now that they are older we just play and whoever wins, wins. Sometimes my DD who is 9, will cheat when playing cards. I have been letting her do this because has been very sick and in and out of the hospital. I also let her win more often then not right now, although even when we play fair she still wins.

For me I don't think kids should just win all the time because they are kids, It doesn't really teach them anything.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:14 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My daughter is 7 and she is very competitive already.I will let her win sometimes just to end the game.She loves to play uno,and want to keep playing untill she wins.
    meleia396

Answer by meleia396 at 12:25 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Sometimes. Other times, I just give them some slack.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 12:37 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have in the past. But my 6 year old son talks trash. So I was like its time he learns how to take a lose. I make it close but if he beats me its all him. And with my girls I just play with them too. Whoever wins wins. No letting anymore. =-)
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• No. They need to learn that they aren't always going to win.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It depends on the age- before the age of 8 they alkmost always won-afterwards it depends on which kid and waht game- but lately I've been TRYING HARD to win and can't darn kids
    40andholding

Answer by 40andholding at 1:24 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My son is 8 so it depends on the game. I'll generally give him an edge when we're playing something like Trivial Pursuit or Scrabble, but for everything else he's on his own.
    PhantomsFairie

Answer by PhantomsFairie at 2:07 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Not every time, as it is not fair if that were to happen...........such as in life. If I helped him with every homework answer then how will he be able to do it on his own?

BUT....my kid can play Wolfenstein.......and I can't figure it out at all, either playing alone or with him. He has beat the game MANY MANY times. And he is 6 years old!

I do NOT have good eye hand coordination. At. All! LOL
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 2:16 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Depends on the game and what age they are at
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:34 AM on Dec. 7, 2010