Do you have the mirena? good, bad?

Do you or have you had the mirena "IUD" ? My son is 5 months and im looking for birth control but have had bad expereinces in the past plz share any info...

Did you like it?
Side affects?
etc...?

jadensmom14

Asked by jadensmom14 at 12:17 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Health

• I had it for the entire 5 years, absolutely loved it, no side effects.... (if your SO is well endowed you might want to get the strings cut, could hurt him a little) Overall it was great, however for some people it is horrible I guess at least that is what I hear, but then again everything is not for everybody it is how you react to the hormones..... I recommend it though like I said I loved it!

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 12:20 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i had 2 of them and my 1st one fell out in october .gotta another one put in. in the same month and got pregnant with my 3rd child so to me i say no exspecially if ur a heavey bleeder
    Sara_Carter

Answer by Sara_Carter at 12:25 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• BAD. I gained 60 lbs with mine and had severe cramping. Taken out after 5 months.
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 12:29 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I've had mine for 2 years. My only complaint is that I have spotting often, and my periods are out of whack. I have a history of irregular and very heavy periods, though, so I am used to it. The bleeding is much lighter than my natural flow.
    As you may know, IUDs are THE most effective form of birth control, after abstinence. Even more effective than a vasectomy or a tubal ligation. They're immediately reversible, which is REALLY nice when you decide it's time to start trying again. Overall, I would recommend it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:17 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I loved mine the entire 5 years I had it. No periods, no cramping, no bloating, no nothing!! I am going to get another one put in in Jan. I highly recommend it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:14 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have had mine for close to 3 years. Initially I just had cramping and spotting which is normal. It lasted about 6 weeks. It made me feel blah but that went away. Recently I have been getting bacteria infections like back to back and its believed to be the mirena so I plan on having it removed. The only other side effect I think I have had is acne. I know the mirena affects everone differently!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 8:04 PM on Dec. 7, 2010