Ever have periguard "copper IUD" ?

Anyone ever have this?
Any good bad side affects etc....?

jadensmom14

Asked by jadensmom14 at 12:18 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Health

• yes i have and to me it hurt like hell and my bf could feel every time we did it ! so hunny i say no dont even go for it
    Sara_Carter

Answer by Sara_Carter at 12:22 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• the copper ones are horrid, if you want an iud get the mirena, its waaay better
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 12:29 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have it. It makes you bleed more and have longer periods. Also, I had a lot of spotting at first. And still do sporadically. And you get more/stronger cramps. My husband has never noticed it, and it's nice because you never have to remember to take anything or use condoms or anything like that. No hormones is great too. My body goes through its normal cycles and it's all good. It really works great for me! I've never had heavy periods or much cramping, so that's new to me. Probably if you already bleed heavy or have bad cramps, this wouldn't be a good option to go with, because it would make them worse, but for me, I'm now probably just more like a normal women who gets crampy during periods. It's no big deal to me, I'd rather bleed and cramp more than get pregnant or be on hormones. : )
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 12:32 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have the paraguard copper IUD 10 year.I've heard a few bad stories but I personally love it. I would never use any other kind of birthcontrol again. It really doesnt hurt hardly at all when being inserted, and SO could not feel it, I told them when I got it done that SO was on the large side and they cut the strings extra short. I don't have the spotting or irregular periods other women speak of. Mine are actually a lot lighter than they have ever been before. I would recommend it to anyone.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:41 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have it and I love it!!!
    BlessednHappy

Answer by BlessednHappy at 6:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2011