anyone know if its common to have pain during intercourse with a tilted uterus? adult content

i am 10 weeks pregnant and was informed at my first visit to the dr. that i have a tilted uterus. we have tried twice to have intercourse since i became pregnant but it just leaves me in pain and both of us frustrated. everyone i have spoke to about it that had a tilted uterus also said they never had a problem and my dr. said it should go away in time. the lack of sex is starting to cause a strain in our relationship. please help

fryjm516

Asked by fryjm516 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• It is normal to have pain because the cervix is tilted and your DH is probably hitting the cervix with his penis.

Try being on top so you can control how deep the penetration is.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I agree with the above poster. I have a tilted uterus and the only time I have had problems is at exams and when my hubby is on top because like she said his penis hits my cervix then.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 1:01 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i tried being on top but it was still painful. he's one of the umm.. bigger/longer guys ive been with so is maybe that a problem also?
    fryjm516

Comment by fryjm516 (original poster) at 1:29 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• it also hurts when i sneeze or cough
    fryjm516

Comment by fryjm516 (original poster) at 1:30 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I would bring it back up with your doctor or get a second opinion it could just be a bladder/UTI infection. Better to be safe then sorry.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 1:37 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I think I would get a second opinion if it's hurting when you cough. Have you posted this in the pregnancy group to see if any of the ladies there have delt with this? Sometimes you have to push your doctor and when it comes to your baby and your body PUSH them. I hope they figure it out so you can get it on. :)
    jillrebecca3

Answer by jillrebecca3 at 1:39 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• talk with your physican about it.. for me sometimes its painful my uterus is low.. i been this way all my life pretty much.. so i have learned some positions are better than others for me
    jojo153

Answer by jojo153 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 7, 2010