Do your kids get ready on there own in the morning for school ? What things do you help with?

Ages 7,8,9,10

meleia396

Asked by meleia396 at 12:49 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in

• My son is 8 and for the most part gets ready on his own. If I wake him up, I'll pick out his clothes for him (I enjoy it), but if he gets himself up then he'll pick out his clothes. Breakfast is generally on him. He'll warm waffles or get some cereal. If we're up early enough, I'll cook something for him.
    PhantomsFairie

Answer by PhantomsFairie at 2:05 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My middle one usullay does everything on is own. If he is running late I will make breakfast for him, he is 11 and leaves the house at 6:45. My youngest and oldest don't leave until 8:00 so they have more time. I still get breakfast for my youngest, just because I am home and I can. My oldest usual grabs something as we are running out the door because he likes to sleep late. The only other thing I do is make sure they are all up for school.

Also, my oldest is 13 and my youngest is 9
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:53 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I help mainly my yongest , if its a school day hes 7 , he pretty much gets hisself dressed and gos && stands on a stool in the bathroom and brushes his teeth and all that stuff but i get his clothes ready and help him with his coat and hatds && gloves.he gets mad if i try to help him I can do it Mommy:))
    SparklingMom78

Answer by SparklingMom78 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I pack his lunch and remind him about a million times to brush his teeth, but other than that my 5yo is pretty independent. If he has cereal he gets his own, if he has pancakes I get it for him. He gets himself dressed and gathers up his backpack and anything he needs for school.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I get the clothes out for my five year old and dry her hair.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:36 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I'm just happy my 2 year old can put on his socks & shoes unassisted now. Sometimes he gets them on the wrong feet, but it still helps that he can! He can also put on his jacket, pick out his clothes (most of the time they match enough to wear lol) and bring me a diaper & wipes. It helps a lot in the morning before I have to drop him off at day care.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 7, 2010