For those who knit and crochet

Which is easier if you're going to make a scarf? I have never made a scarf lol. I crocheted an afghan, and some other small things and I've started learning to knit (again), so I was wondering which, in your opinion, was easier.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 12:56 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Scarves are the easiest thing to make. It is just a long rectangle. I am not a very good knitter, but I can make a nice scarf in a couple of hours if I use a nice chunky yarn.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:04 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I know how to do both, but I crochet far faster than I knit. Scarves are very easy and if you go for thick yarn and thick needles, you can be done in a flash.

Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:32 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I only know how to knit- guess I should learn to crochet.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Either one if you're just doing a basic stitch. It's good practice for each one. If crochet, you can do a double stitch that works well, as for knit just do the knit stitch. Scarves don't have to be fancy and adding fringe will fancy it up enough anyway.

Easy in this case depends on what stitch your most comfortable with.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 5:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• For myself I'd say knitting a scarf would be easier and faster. I crochet more than I knit but I'm a faster knitter. I dont know how that came to be lol but it did
    joscelyne

Answer by joscelyne at 2:29 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Well I would say knitting too. Easier to keep all the stitches on the needles.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I crochet now but I'm going to learn to knit (attempt #3)crocheting a scarf would be a really cute fast project, try out lionbrand's website for free patterns, and if you are on ravelry they have tons of easy scarf patterns for free, Good luck!
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• For me crocheting is easier because I have been doing it longer-still trying to learn how to knit.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 9:52 AM on Dec. 12, 2010