Is it a good a idea to get my husband's name tattooed on me ?

Ok ive been wanting my husband's name on me since we got married but alot of people told me and warned me not to get it cus its bad luck and will just end up getting a divorce me and my husband been married for 9 months and been together 2 and a half years and we've been really good friends for 6 years before we actually got together and im still kind of debating weather to get it or not ? what do yall ladies think i should do ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I know someone who did that. He is now divorced.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:24 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don't like getting names although that is just me, If it were me I would get something that reminds me of him and not his name, Again that is just me, I agree that getting names might cause bad luck. I think you have to do what you think best though.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:24 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I would NEVER do it. I'm convinced it's the kiss of death. All of the couples I know that have gotten tattoos, names, symbols or whatever, for each other have broken up. DH gives me a hard time because I won't do it, but I will pit DS's name on me. I think that's totally different.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:25 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i don't know if it's bad luck or not but i do know that it's been forbidden by God. (not sure if you believe or not but this is in the holy scriptures).

aside from that. every person i know who had their spouse/so tattooed on the body usually ended up divorced, broken up and left with the ex's name.. including my father who was married to my mom.. and divorced her and then lived with another woman for many many years.. turns out the name Linda that was his body.. was from an old flame from before my mom and the woman.. my mom.. always hated the name.. and told me she loved him but that the name always reminded her that he once loved someone else.

anyway don't know if anything helps here.. but that's what i got for ya. LOL take care

personally. i don't like tats.. and wouldn't dream of putting anyone's name on me.. even if i did
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 1:28 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• You could be like Johnny Depp. WINO is now on his arm.
    Look, if you want to do it, go for it. You can always lazer it later if you break up.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:28 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I've always heard it was bad luck.
    angel1326

Answer by angel1326 at 1:32 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I've always heard it's bad luck, but I don't buy it. Honestly, I'm not a fan of names in general being tattooed, though. I prefer things to represent people. I've got ladybugs for me and my daughter on my hand. I thought about getting her name somewhere, but I doubt I'll ever do it. I only like names for memorials and sometimes kids. I have no idea why, though. It's really up to you whether or not to do it. If you think it will be bad luck, it will be. If you don't think it will be bad luck, it won't be.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:37 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I would never put any man's name on my body. I have one tattoo and it's of a red puffed heart with some greenery.

I personally know over 5 people where the wife/gf or hubby, b/f put their SO's name on themselves and months/years later, split up.

I thought about putting my son's name on my right shoulder where my heart is or a new heart over my left breast with his name......but NO. I know where my son's love is, in HIS own heart just as my love for him is in mine.

And I was one whom NEVER EVER believed in getting tattoos cause of what the bible stated too........so I went with something that represents God, for me.......Love = the red heart. I love crosses and SO many other tattoos but said.....no.......I have one. Thats enough.

Get one with your kids names if you want.....but not your SO. Thats just my opinion.

And like my tat man said....".Your body is your canvas......use it wisely".
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 2:00 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don't buy the bad luck crap about tattoos. I do think that getting a tattoo of someones name to prove how much you love them, when you are going through a hard time is keeling the death knell in a relationship.

My husband got my name tattooed on him 5 years ago and we are stronger than ever. I am planing on tattooing his initials for a wedding band, sometime in the near future, I am a potter and can not wear my ring while throwing pots.

The thing you need to think through is how you will feel if the worst happens and you end up splitting up. I am not sure if I would have done it only 2.5 years in. It is a decision you will have to live with, so don't let others influence you.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:04 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have always thought and told people that it's NEVER a good idea to get someone's name tattooed on your body. It doesn't matter how long you've been together. Imagine how crappy you will feel if things don't work out! Even if your relationship DOES work out, it's just a tacky thing to do. Get something in his honor, maybe something that describes him or he's into with a heart or something, but not his name.
    littlemissmj

Answer by littlemissmj at 2:06 AM on Dec. 7, 2010