Venting....

Just over 2 years ago my grandma (Grams) passed away. My mom offered to let me come over (she lived with my mom) and go through her things as my mom wanted us kids to get things if we wanted. I couldn't get the courage up to go over because just going to my mom's house made me cry and going to my Grams' apartment would have torn me apart. I told my mom that I would like to but I needed time. Well, she seemed okay with that and told me if there was anything I really wanted to let her know. I already had most of my Grams' photos because just before she had passed I made a video for my mom's 60th birthday party. Well, the time had passed and I kept hearing my sister had gotten this that and the other thing. I was okay at first but recently I was at a function and I was telling my mom about a Noel sign that I always laugh at by her house. -- When my Grams' was alive we would always move her candle holders that said "Noel" around to say Leon or Lone. It would drive her nuts but it was something we would always do and it just reminded me of her. -- My sister then spoke up and said I need to find candles that fit into those holders. I said, "what you got those TOO!" She said, yep they came with the curio cabinet!" I was so pissed my sister has gotten EVERYTHING and hasn't offered anything to my brother or I. I don't want to come across as only wanting things from my Grams but I would have liked to have things that reminded me of her. I know my mom keeps saying to go through her jewelry but my sister already did and took everything of value and meaning. The rest is costume jewelry and I'm not that much into jewelry. I'm just really mad that my sister who is 7 years older than me doesn't think of others only herself.
I'm not really looking for advice I just needed to vent. Please no bashing.

jillrebecca3

Asked by jillrebecca3 at 2:12 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I understand. I've seen this a few times, and I hated it every time. It would have been better for your mom to wait until everyone was ready to go. That would have been the right thing to do. This sort of thing tears families apart. I hope you can find a way to talk with your mom, and your sister. I hope you can get some of the things you'd have liked to have. You deserve some things that remind you of her, too. She was your grams to after all.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:22 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I understand :( Venting does help!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 2:20 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• tell her just what u said above but be gentle... she might understand especially if u have a good relationship with your sis. GL!!!!
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 2:31 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Thank you all for reading this and listening. I think I will talk to my mom and sister. It doesn't help to hold these feelings in. Thank you again!
    jillrebecca3

Comment by jillrebecca3 (original poster) at 1:51 AM on Dec. 11, 2010