My 19 month old has a ball forming on her top eye lid ?

im thinking it could be a stye but its in the inside of her lid but you can still see it ? what do you think it could be ladies

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 2:35 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like a sty. It should be seen by a doctor if it is the first one she has had. I get them occasionally and the best thing to do it to brew a cup of black tea for 3 minutes and then take the hot tea bag and place it on the eyelid for about 10 minutes. Since she is so little you should let it cool down, until it is barely warm. It will bring down the swelling. There isn't much to do for stys, except wait for them to go away on their own.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:41 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• SleepingBeautee ,its the size of a bebe is that bad .
    alexia_09

Comment by alexia_09 (original poster) at 2:46 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• That sounds normal for a stye, but when my son had one, I called the doctors office and they told me they had to see him since it was his first one. They were worried it was something else and that they would miss it if I didn't bring him in. Do not touch it and make sure to wash your hands. You can also put a warm washcloth on the eyelid as well. It will feel nice and relieves some of the pain.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:48 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• SleepingBeautee , i washed my hands before touching it earlier and she let me so im guessing shes not in pain and this is her first stye if it is a stye cus its not really red or inflamed cus i get styes to and mine get really inflamed and red .
    alexia_09

Comment by alexia_09 (original poster) at 2:51 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• If you google styes, you will see all kinds of different types of inflammation. Mine always look like I have been punched in the eye. My eye always gets really red a puffy. But other people just get the ball and no swelling, so it is different for each person. That is why it is a good idea to take her the the doc in the morning, so the doc can tell you what it is.

Good luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:55 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Thanks SleepingBeautee :)
    alexia_09

Comment by alexia_09 (original poster) at 2:57 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My sister had a stye which just recently went away on its own and it didn't look red or inflamed at all. It was just a fleshy tone, like a skin tag.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:02 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• BridgeC140 , my daughter's aint inflamed at all its not red either the ball is just there in her eye lid but im gonna be sure to call her doctor's office first thing in the morning .
    alexia_09

Comment by alexia_09 (original poster) at 3:09 AM on Dec. 7, 2010