What do you do when you are feeling sad?

I am having a hard night. My dad is sick and it is terminal and the doctors say there is not much more they can do for him. I am just feeling so down about it. Usually I can cope, but tonight it is really hitting me hard D:

How do you get through hard times? I am not really religious, so prayer is not really the solution for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I write and write and write. Some of my best work comes from when I'm sad or angry.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:40 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• one of the things i do is write in a journal or turn to my bestfriend or pray it helps lift the burden your feeling in your heart no matter what it is .... sometimes you just have to let it out and let it go .... it helps you in so many ways to release it in a healthy way ....hope you start feeling better :O) moon
    moonwillow6975

Answer by moonwillow6975 at 4:31 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Plat with my one year old son or just seek comfort in my hubby's arms
    A11

Answer by A11 at 4:55 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It may sound silly but have you ever tried yoga?... Meditation and control of breathing, amazingly helps also the spirit..

Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 5:25 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Depending on how bad it is, I use different things. Sometimes, it really helps if you just sit still with your eyes closed and focus on nothing but your breathing. When you get stressed out, your breathing patterns can get out of whack, so this is good for your body as well as clearing for your mind. It sounds silly, but it's great. Sometimes I read, or watch a movie- just escape into another reality for a while. Or just a good hot bath or shower with my favorite body wash & lotion; it can help a lot, even if it's just temporary. Sometimes all I want is for DF to hold me tight, & it's all that will help. And sometimes, the only thing that will help is a good long hard cry. Crying is your system's way of clearing out all the stress & emotion when it gets too built up; I'm a nursing student, & you'd be amazed at the good things crying does for you, but only if you don't hold it in all the time. Hugs doll!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 7:15 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i journal.. and listen to music..
    jojo153

Answer by jojo153 at 9:50 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I find solitude with my thoughts is what is best for me, don't like people around me or talking to me
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2010