Could I be pregnant even know I'm breastfeeding?????? adult content

I have a 3 month old who im bf, I haven't gotten a period yet but I did bleed very light one day for like maybe two hours it was harldy anything right around my 6 weeks. But the last few days I'v been cramping a lot in my belly and back. I got a test at the store yesterday and took it last night it camp up negative. I'm still getting cramps like I'm going to get my period but never do. The other day they were so bad I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital, I layed down for a few hours and they eased up and went away. Is it just something that happens when your nusring or could I be pregnant again? I was nursing with my first baby and stopped right around her 1st birthday then got pregnant with my 2nd pretty much right away. The are almost exactly 1 year and 9months apart only off by one day. Did I maybe take the test too soon? I didn't think you could really get pregnant when you are only nuring I mean I know pretty much anythings possible tho.LOL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That whole "You can't get pregnant if you're nursing!" thing is not true. Nursing CAN delay the return of your period and ovulation, but it doesn't for everyone. Nursing should never be used as the only method of birth control, because it's not effective. I've talked to tons of women on here who have gotten pregnant while nursing. As far as your periods return goes, that varies for each woman, also. I know some mother who nursed and didn't get a period until after they stopped. I, however, got my period back when my daughter was just shy of 6 weeks old. If you think you could be pregnant, wait a week or two and test again. It might have been too early.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:35 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• You CAN get pregnant while nursing.
    leasure0911

Answer by leasure0911 at 6:13 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• You can very easily get pregnant even while EBF every 2 hours. You could just as easily still be dumping off your pregnancy hormones. If you're going to get active in the next couple of weeks, use condoms, re-test in a week or two, and go from there. Get on BC if you don't want to get pregnant so soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yes you can, or else your body is just one that will not resume periods until after the baby is weaned. For me, my body waits almost a year before resuming regardless of how much I am breastfeeding at that point. Enjoy the nice break from your monthly visitor and be sure to use other birth control when you enjoy adult time with your man.
    LadyKatya

Answer by LadyKatya at 7:24 AM on Dec. 11, 2010