Should I be worried about the nickname Bella with all the Twilight hysteria?

I've pretty much decided/compromised on naming my new girl Arabella Constance Rich. I call her Bunny when I talk to her now, but would prefer the nickname Bella after she's born. (I've thought about Ara, Arie, and Bell...too) I just don't want people thinking that I like that Stephanie Meyer garbage. A couple of my friends have already poked fun at me about it! I guess that it doesn't really matter...but I cringe with the thought that she's going to be grouped with all the vampire names. I want her to feel unique and special!

Am I overthinking this? I call my 4 year old Boo Girl and figure this one will end up Bella Bunny :D

Nawti

Asked by Nawti at 3:01 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Baby Names

• Lol my sister in law name her daughter isabella and everybody thought she named her after that girl from twilight cus my sister in law calls her bella for short but she told them no she didnt even know what twilight was until everybody started questioning her about it now my sister in law is in love with twilight she cant get enough of it ;)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 3:05 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Probably. Isabella is a VERY popular name right now and I'd bet the majority of them will wind up being called Bella. You'll be better off NOT using that nickname.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:09 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I read the first book out of curiosity...and it was awful IMHO. I just feel like maybe I should change her name now, so she doesn't deal with it later on. Apparently, the names are the hottest new trend :(
    Nawti

Comment by Nawti (original poster) at 3:10 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Lol im not a big fan of twilight either but ill watch the movies my sister in law can watch the movies over and over and over it gets annoying after a while lol .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 3:12 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Maybe I'll just have to be creative when it comes to a NN...I didn't really realize how popular it was until my friends were sending my internet articles and stuff :(
    Nawti

Comment by Nawti (original poster) at 3:18 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• nope absolutely not bella is a pretty name and if you like it do so because you like it like i say just go for it....
    moonwillow6975

Answer by moonwillow6975 at 4:25 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Bella is a beautiful name and eventually Twilight will become a thing of the past. I would use it:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:07 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I agree with shaniaree. Bella is a pretty nickname and I love Arabella. Some people may not even instantly think Bella, they'll probably think Ara or Arie. That's what I first though. Eventually Twilight will be something of the past. If you love it, then use it!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:12 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• The name Bella has been around long before The Twilight Books came out :).
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:14 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I love the twilight books, but I don't think of them when I hear the name Bella. I love the name and in 5 years the books/movies will pass.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 8:52 AM on Dec. 7, 2010