Puppy with new baby??

Im getting a puppy friday....its gonna be a small one (yorkie/jack mix). SHe is sooo cute but im due in March....does anyone have any advice?? This will be our first puppy as a family. I also have a little girl will be 3 in Feb.

Kellixclark

Asked by Kellixclark at 3:12 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Get it professionally trained as quickly as possible, make sure it gets the necessary vaccinations, make sure to keep it on flea preventatives, and have a crate to put it in.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:17 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It will be tough having two babies for a while, but it will make you life a lot easier if you set boundaries early on with the puppy. Obedience classes are a good idea. Socialization with other dogs is crucial. Crate training is a must if you want to potty train the puppy faster. I had 3 dogs and 2 cats when my kids were born. It was great for them to grow up with animals.
    miatagirl

Answer by miatagirl at 3:24 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Start training and be strict! Teach them not to jump (even though its little), snap, and jump on furniture. All you need is your little baby sitting on the floor or couch and claws jumping on her.
    leasure0911

Answer by leasure0911 at 6:09 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• training,vaccinations everything you can never be too careful
    MaybeMommy1994

Answer by MaybeMommy1994 at 9:51 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Congrats ! I think children growing up with pets is an excellent idea ! And that you will have puppy first might be a good idea to get her trained first...Happy for you. I did it and I'd do it again. It's a wonderful experience and the relationship between children and pets is incredible. (I answered your question about names before I saw this question, so now I know the breed, lol...) Anxious to see what you name her !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I named her BELLA!
    Kellixclark

Comment by Kellixclark (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Kellixclark

Comment by Kellixclark (original poster) at 12:55 AM on Dec. 18, 2010