California had a Proposition...the people spoke....Prop 8 passed....why are there so many whining?

The people spoke and voted Prop 8 in California into law...now we have protests and people whining that their rights have been denied?....Now there are new talks about taking it up to the Courts once again....I hear so many people on hear telling McCain supporters to just accept the fact that Obama won and get over it....well I guess I am saying the same thing to the people protesting the will of the people over the passage of Prop 8...get over it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• because it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 4:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Please explain away about it being UNCONSTITUTIONAL!?
    Anonymous

• I agree with OP the will of the people has been spoken and the constitutional amendment for the state of CA has been passed.. marriage is between a man and a woman.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• why should a law be passed based on RELIGION? that's where they are getting their definition of marriage. a HOLY union between a man and a woman. Our constitution gives us freedom of religion. NO law should be based solely on a religious belief, no matter what religion it is.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 4:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• That's where YOU think they are getting their definition of marriage....so do you really think all atheists are for same sex marriages?
    Anonymous

• Praise God!!
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I voted NO on Prop 2...it won....I accept it....I have moved on...the will of the people have spoken!
    Anonymous

• just going by why people have posted they are against it. Have not seen any posts saying it should be banned that was not related to the Christian Bible
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 4:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Electing a president and denying a right are different.

Can you please explain how a gay couple getting married is hurting anybody without injecting religion into your argument.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I agree. People have the right to keep trying to get the right to marry whoever they want. It's alittle different then complaining about who our pres is now. To protest against a little law like prop 8 is perfectly fine. Let them do it and leave them alone. Love comes in many different types. I have many friends who the love of their life is a person who happens to be the same gender as them. I think they have the right to marry that person. If you've ever talked to a gay person most of them will tell you that it's not exactly their choice to be gay it's just the way they are.
    katyameliasmom

Answer by katyameliasmom at 4:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2008