Mail getting lost?

Has anyone ever asked you if you got (insert piece of mail here) that they sent you, and you never did? I had a BAD falling out with my aunt who was the only person in my family that I had ever been really close to most of my life (that was last October). I found out tonight from my grandma that she apparently sent me a letter a few days later apologizing for what she'd said to me (and according to my grandma, also listed again what I had done wrong in her opinion), but I never got it. Is it weird for things to get lost in the mail these days? (I wasn't sure where to put this lol.)

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 3:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes it is, I think. They lose my mail all the time! or it is extremely late! I am still waiting on a book I ordered almost a year ago! I sent christmas cards out in november last year, and some people still havent gotten their cards.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:22 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Maybe it's coming to my house. I have been getting someone else's mail for several years. What looks like maybe a credit card statement and Christmas cards from Florida. I put return to sender and have talked to the post master twice about it but I still get it. Maybe I'll write back to the Florida people so they know that their cards are not going to the right place. Or maybe I'll just toss them with the junk mail. Are you wondering if your aunt and or grandma are telling the truth about the letter being written and sent?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:56 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• No, I believe it for the most part. This isn't the first time that I haven't gotten something.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 4:59 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• never got my bill from my car insurance company...still think they sent it to the wrong address and my stupid ex-husband threw it away. but....
    MommysAngels810

Answer by MommysAngels810 at 11:04 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I saw on the news a few months back, where an entire neighborhood didn't get their mail, it resurfaced a few years later. So I guess it does happen.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 12:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I had a sil who told me she mailed me a check. Never did. But kept telling me she did. Then when we went out to eat dinner we paid for their meal and she had her husband give me a the check. Duh. I wonder where is the one she mailed to me? Stupid is as stupid does.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• not weird at all, theres millions of items of mail so of course things will get lost
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:30 AM on Dec. 13, 2010