if i eat 1200 calories day how much could i lose in about 2 weeks??

i know the 2000 calorie diet is the healthiest one but if i reduced my calories to 1000 or 1200 a day how much could i lose --with 45 min of exercise and lots of water- im 5'8 and weight 180--also my metabolism is slow

Genesis29

Asked by Genesis29 at 4:28 AM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Well I'd love to tell you the answer to that, but here's the truth: it's going to depend on WHAT you are eating. 1200 calories worth of grilled chicken and 1200 worth of baked potato are not going to be created equal when it comes to burning calories. If you are wanting to burn fat quickly and safely, low carb, no sugar, no salt and low fat is the way to go! I did that after I had my baby and I watched the weight nearly melt away before my eyes.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:23 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• im eating healthy chicken salads fish veggies water and if i drink soda i started on diet soda..
    Genesis29

Comment by Genesis29 (original poster) at 5:37 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Depends on your bmi and how much weight that you have to lose in the first place. A person with a lot to lose will generally lose it faster. Plus, since your metabolism is slow, try exercises to increase it, cardio and what not. Diet soda also decreases your metabolism I have heard.
    leasure0911

Answer by leasure0911 at 6:06 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Diet soda is bad. It has a lot of sodium and that's bad for losing weight. A lot of people don't know how bad salt is for weight. leasure0911 is right about diet soda making your metabolism bad, regular soda does the same. If you get tired of regular water, add some lemon juice or lime. Cyrstal Light makes some powder to add to your water that doesn't have artificial flavors or anything. If I remember right it's called Fitness or something like that. It comes in 3 flavors:lemon,grape and strawberry.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:43 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Also, it is normal for everyone to lose moreweight in the beginning, and then to taper off gradually as you lose. The reason is because if you aren't exercising by building muscles, you burn up your muscles and muscles are what help you to burn fat and incrase metabolism. Muscles are very important for weight loss. Plus without them you'll be saggy. Also the reason you lose more weight in the beginning is that you start out weighing more and as you lose, your body isn't having to workl as hard anymore. Its like lifting 100 lbs vs. 50. Obviously, you'll lose more lifting 100 because its harder and makes your muscles work more. Well its the same thing when you're lugging your own weight around. If you weigh say 200 in the beginning, you're carrying more weight and muscles work harder. This is why very obese people like on Biggest Loser shed like 20 lbs a week sometimes.Its all about science!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:49 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Check out my journal post... It will explain how much you can lose by knowing your BMR and other useful information. Hope it helps:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:03 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• That's the MINIMUM required...however, I would suggest starting lifting light/med weights since that WONT bulk you up--the only reason women get bulky is because they have too much layers of fat OVER the muscle..making them look "bulky" OR unless you have the 4% RARE gene that causes you to bulk (again which is RARE). Weights burn more cal then aerobics..but start out with step aerobics or workout dvds...1 hour of heavy step aerobics can burn up to 400 calories. ;)

But the best way to keep track is to cut out all "junk carbs" and "junk fat"...but carbs are needed for energy. Another easier way to see if you are best for low-carb or low-fat diet is ppl with heavier upper body--or bellies--do best with a low-carb diet. Ppl who have heavier LOWER bodies (butts and thigh fat), do best with low FAT eating. ;)
    psychicRaelene3

Answer by psychicRaelene3 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You will probably loose anywhere between 5 and 10 lbs if your metabolism is slow and you don't exercise now. Exercise at least 20 minutes 3 or more times a week to boost it a little bit. And DON'T drink diet soda. Drinking 64 ounces of water will help you loose too.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 6:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• it depends on your metabolisim
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:51 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• depends on how many calories you are eating at the moment. it would be fine if you are eating more and then reducing the calories to loose some.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 10:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2011